This past month we were able to get in contact with another guy who grew up in Casa Shalom, named Carlos, who now has returned to live with his family. We have his story in our blog here, and it was great to see him again. There are many other kids who have also left over the years, and we hope to continue to make contact with them.
The construction on the house continues to progress well, although it’s now a little more complicated because we’ve entered the rainy season. There are new pictures of the progress here. The most exciting progress was finally getting permission from the new mayor to connect water to our land. After three months of asking neighbors to use their water in order to be able to mix cement, we are very excited to now have all the water that we need.
Prayer requests for June:
- At the end of May we flew up to Austin, Texas in order to visit some friends and our home church in Austin, Texas for ten days. It’s wonderful to be back visiting with so many friends! Please pray that this time will be relaxing and refreshing for us.
- This trip was necessary because of the current status of Yuli’s residency paperwork. We’d appreciate prayer that it would all get sorted out.
- Please pray for Elias and Benjamin as they’re home alone until we return on Monday. They’re both adults, but it feels strange to be away from them. Fortunately Skype helps us keep in touch!
- Yuli’s pregnant! We’d appreciate your prayers for her health and for us as we plan the new addition to our family.
- Please pray Philippians 3:10-11 for us, “I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.”
Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support for us in Guatemala! God has given us an incredible responsibility to be His witnesses, and we feel honored to carry His name.
Brent & Yuliza